Become a Trustee of BRAC UK
Our Board of Trustees are vital in the effective running of the organisation. In a voluntary capacity, they govern and oversee the strategy of BRAC UK, whilst ensuring its work is aligned with other BRAC entities. The board is full of individuals from a variety of backgrounds, from communications to finance and they all contribute to BRAC’s global mission to create opportunities for 250 Million people by 2030.
BRAC UK is currently seeking two new trustees:
• A new treasurer who will Chair our Finance, Audit and Risk Committee.
• A role on the board to specifically contribute to BRAC UK’s fundraising strategy
The role of a BRAC UK Trustee
• Work with fellow trustees to shape, drive and monitor BRAC UK’s strategy
• Prepare for and participate fully in board meetings
• Act reasonably in decision making and leadership of the organisation
• Ensure the proper management and administration of the charity
• Use any specific skills, knowledge or experience you have to help the board of trustees reach quick and sound decision by leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which the trustee has special expertise
• Promote the work of BRAC UK externally
• Participate in sub-committees (Finance, Audit and Risk, Board and Organisation Development) and informal advisory groups including Communications and Advocacy and Fundraising.
• Manage risks with a considered, proportionate and balanced approach.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 6th February.
Being part of BRAC, with a mission to empower people to lift themselves out of poverty, is an immensely inspiring experience. As a trustee, I am able to contribute to the impact the UK team makes, as well as lend my skills to the wider international team. BRAC is unique because it is truly rooted in the communities where it works.